Monday, February 1, 2010

2010







Wow, now I said I would post monthly on my blog and I am already a month behind. I can't believe I have not posted since my birthday. Well my holiday was a little stressful with personal problem beyond my control but I am so happy to be hear in 2010...we have already had several love ones to leave us and the earthquake in Haiti has humbled us some more to realize our blessings. I remember as Hurricane Ike took the Gulf Goast and we went for weeks without electricity we thought that was something. Lawdy what if we had been in Haiti's situation. Day by day we are being reminded of our blessings and that everything is not peachy cream for everybody. My daughter returned home in January, 22 years old, no degree, no job and a broke heart from a "boy' she thought loved her. She is pressing forward with her education and trying to regroup her life at this point. School is back in session for me along with entering my first Quilt Show. I will be exhibiting 6 quilts on February 12 and 13 in Beaumont, Texas and I am so excited. For years I have attended quilt shows and wondered how my work would look hanging for many to see. My quilting is so much of me I have millions of thoughts of projects running through my brain.

2 comments:

Kyra said...

Lovely quilt blocks! Thanks for sharing.

American Quilter's Society said...

Beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more from you.


www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com