After the arrival of my sweet Londynn I was busy trying to finish the semester with two B's. I evidently was caught up in her arrival that I half-azzed on my school work. I am happy to say I did successfully make those B's and now I am in my last and final semester of graduate work. I am interning at the University of Houston in a digitization project for my practicum. Londynn is almost three months old and is now 13 lbs and smiling a lot. I am working on my daughter to finish her college degree plans since I will soon hold two degrees on her and I thought we would both be finishing our masters together. So much has happened to me since Londynn's arrival. I will list them.
- March 11 - Londynn's Arrival In this Great World
- May 6 - I had a lump removed from my left breast .
- May 12 - completed last class requirement other than practicum for Master of Library Science degree.
- May 17 - Followup visit to Surgeon with good and "bad" news. I was told I was cancer free but that I do have the cells that will develop into breast cancer. Option given was double mastectomy. The surgeon thought it was bad news I did not because she could have been telling me I was in a stage of cancer so I am preparing to have my breast removed within the next 6- 12 months. I think my doctor is proposing radiation treatment first I will have that consultation visit in a few days.
- May 26- very good quilting friend suddenly was sick and placed on life support. Prognosis is not looking good but I know God is able.
- June 7 - began my internship at UH working on a woman suffragist collection named Minnie Fisher Cunningham out of Galveston, TX. I am excited to work on a project that has some interest to me. The interest being that I am a woman who does take my voting seriously and I appreciate those that worked hard for that privilege.